Back in April, I wrote an article that gathered results from several research sources and attempted to describe how the coronavirus pandemic was changing customer behavior.
That article suggested that:
- Customers are watching brands.
- More customers are responding to marketing emails more than sales emails.
- Customers are flocking online.
- Customers want to shop local but are conflicted.
- Customers are forgiving and are willing to wait.
- But, they want transparency and proactive communication.
Now, given that we are approaching the holiday season I thought it appropriate to revisit customer behavior and to ask: are those behavior changes holding, or is it changing again?