You have probably heard it everywhere: video marketing is the future – and the present. Hubspot claims that “video content in no longer an option, it’s a necessary component of any successful marketing strategy.”
Here’s the lowdown on video marketing:
- 4X as many people would prefer to watch a video about a product than read about it.
- By including the word “video” in an email subject line, you can boost open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%.
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- 44% of SMB owners and marketers plan to put money behind video content on Facebook this year.
- The value of one minute of video can be translated to 1.8 million words, making it the single most practical use for your marketing time and money.
So even if you’re not a big believer of video as the future, the statistics might convince you to dip your toe in the pool of marketing possibilities. Here are 5 things you need to know before you start producing videos.